Getting to Know You, SLU…
Well we’ve just wrapped up our first month as official members of the SLU neighborhood and we’re feeling pretty great about our transition here. Everyone has been very welcoming, especially the friendly team at the South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce.
Our immediate neighbors have been a blast to meet and we feel pretty lucky to be “walled-in” by so much creativity! From the inspiring and energetic team at Foundation Design to the talented print engineers at Cascade Architectural and Engineering Supplies, we definitely feel a good vibe in our immediate vicinity and look forward to many future post-work happy hours at the Venik Lounge.
Now that we’ve settled in a bit, we’re starting to develop some favorite go-to locations for lunch, errands and other extra-curricular activities. While Whole Foods is the ideal for a wide variety of needs, everyone seems to have their specific lunch areas staked out. Here are just a few:
- The Wurst Place has the BEST wurst in town not to mention some out-of-this world frites with dipping sauce.
- Snout and Co. is a favorite. Designer Tina admits that the picadillo bowl makes her emotional.
- Berliner Döner has been deemed the mouther-watering kababiest by David and deserving of it's own adjective.
- Yellow Dot and their HOT cookies.
- Vicky loves the caramel brownies from On the Fly.
- The Denny Park benches and a home-made lunch give Jamie a chance to unwind.
- The pommed frites at re:public’s happy hour are like BAM!
- Serious Biscuit is serious business. Seriously.
Also, we are thrilled to announce that Bean is back at the office with us! She has been sorely missed, is enjoying the amazing selection of left-over edibles and ready to party in the new digs. Come say hello if you're in the 'hood!